Welcome to Blue Class – Year 2
The class teacher for the 2018 academic year is Mrs Snape. Our teaching assistant is Mrs Slattery
Below are our Topic Titles for the following year and a brief outline of what we will be covering.
(1) What was The Titanic and why was it so important?
- Events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally
(2) Why were Neil Armstrong and Tim Peake brave people?
- The lives of significant individuals in Britain’s past who have contributed to our nation’s achievements
(3) What is our school made of?
KS1 Science (Y2 Uses of Everyday Materials)
- Identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, rock, brick, paper and cardboard for particular uses;
- Find out how the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching.
(4) Why do we love to be beside the seaside?
- Identify seasonal and daily weather patterns in the United Kingdom
- Human and physical features of a small area of the United Kingdom
(5) Would you rather live in Kenya or the UK?
- Understand geographical similarities and differences through studying the human and physical geography of a small area of the United Kingdom, and of a contrasting non-European country.
- Identify seasonal and daily weather patterns in the United Kingdom and the location of hot and cold areas of the world
(6) Which plants and animals would Little Evie see in the wild woods?
KS1 Science (Y2 Plants and animals)
- Observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants;
- Find out and describe how plants need water, light and suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy.
- Sort living things into groups and say why they sorted them in that way.
- Compare how plants grow in different conditions by making measurements.
- Identify and compare a variety of plants and animals found in different habitats and microhabitats.
- Describe how a habitat provides for the basic needs of things living there and how they are suited to their habitat.
PE – During the Autumn term PE will take place on a Wednesday afternoon.
Homework: Homework will be given out on a Thursday and needs to be returned to school by the following Wednesday.