The class teacher for the 2016-17 academic year is Mrs Snape. Our teaching assistants are Mr Squibbs and Mrs Brierley .
Below are our Topic Titles for the following year and a brief outline of what we will be covering.
(1) Why do we love to be beside the seaside? . During this topic we will be comparing a seaside town to where we live. We will be finding out about the seas that surround the UK and how the physical and human features of a seaside town are different to where we live.
(2) Where would you prefer to live: England or New York? We will be comparing Place knowledge – similarities between UK and non-EU country. We will be locating and naming the 7 continents of the world and labeling the oceans on a map.
(3) Why did the Titanic sink? As a starting point for this topic we will be going on a trip the the maritime museum in Liverpool. We will be finding out about events beyond living memory. We will be researching the key dates that surround the sinking of the Titanic and completing timelines of the events.
(4) Why did Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong travel in different ways? . We will be researching the famous people and what it was that made them famous. We will be looking at key dates and the different ways in which the two people traveled.
(5) What would someone find exciting about Royton/Oldham? To start this topic we will be going for a visit to explore Royton town centre. We will learning about our local area including the human and physical features. We will be using maps, atlases and google maps to find out where our town is compared to major cities in the UK.
(6) What was the area like 100 years ago? During this topic we will be looking at what the area was like 100 years ago. We will be looking at the ways in which the area and lives have changed over the years.
PE: PE will be on a Monday afternoon. Children will need to ensure that their PE kit is in school for this day.
Homework: Homework will be given out on a Thursday and needs to be returned to school by the following Thursday.